Thursday 2 July 2009

Transformers- urgh!

Last night I went and saw the Transformers sequel with a group from Glenmore Park Anglican. I am glad they were there otherwise the experience would have had no redeeming features whatsoever. A bad movie is almost made enjoyable when you can share a knowing snigger with the person next to you at a particularly poor joke or unconvincing emotional moment. As for the movie itself, all I can say is that one can only take so many explosions before monotony sets in.

Fortunately, there exist people who can say much more than that and more eloquently. I was greatly gratified to read this review of the film by Roger Ebert, which is probably one of the best bad film reviews I've read. Suffice to say, reading the review was far more enjoyable than watching the film it describes.

No comments: