Given the title of this blog, it would be bizarre and perverse to refrain from providing a link to this very nice reading and step-by-step explanation of the opening lines of Beowulf (found in, of all places, the Telegraph!). So I won't.
The reader's pronunciation is slightly different from the way I was taught, but not by much. A delight to hear the ancient words articulated once more.
Ss. Placidi et Sociorum Martyrum ~ Simplex
-
Tempora: Feria Secunda infra Hebdomadam XIX post Octavam Pentecostes I.
Octobris
Monday, October 5, 2026
Color: Red
Flowers are permitted.
The organ may...
4 days ago

3 comments:
Glenn could you call me sometime tomorrow? I never did end up getting your number so I can't reach you directly.
Your friend formerly of Japan, now of not-quite-Blacktown.
I would except I find myself in the same position.
Alas! You lost the card? Send an email to (firstnamelastname at gmail dot com) - replacing the general with the particular.
Post a Comment